Presented by Facebook Welcome to The Hill's Morning Report. It is Tuesday! We get you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch. Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver are the co-creators. Readers can find us on Twitter @asimendinger and @alweaver22. Please recommend the Morning Report to friends and let us know what you think. CLICK HERE to subscribe! Total U.S. coronavirus deaths each morning this week: Monday, 601,825; Tuesday, 602,092. The Senate is set to vote today on whether to advance a sweeping bill that would overhaul the election system and voting rights, with all eyes on Senate Democrats as they try to project unity around the entirety of their expansive agenda. The For the People Act , a wide-ranging bill and a top priority for congressional Democrats, has zero chance of passing later today, as Republicans have refused to entertain the bill, with GOP lawmakers decrying it as a power grab. Among other things, the bill would set national voting standards, change the composition of the Federal Election Commission, overhaul campaign finance, place new rules on congressional redistricting, and introduce new ethics guidelines for presidents and vice presidents. However, the top… Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report — Trump and the new Israel-'squad' controversy
- The Hill's Morning Report — Impeachment face-off; Dems go after Buttigieg in debate
- The Hill's Morning Report - In historic vote, House impeaches Trump
- The Hill's 12:30 Report — Presented by UANI — Pelosi looks to play hardball on timing of impeachment trial
- How the 31 Democrats in Trump districts voted on impeachment
- The Hill's 12:30 Report — Presented by UANI — Dramatic day as House heads toward impeachment vote
- The Hill's Morning Report - Trump set to be impeached in historic vote
- The Hill's 12:30 Report — Presented by UANI — House panel debates terms for impeachment vote
- Finding an animating issue is Democrats' biggest 2020 challenge — not Trump
- Democratic senators tweet photos of pile of House-passed bills 'dead on Mitch McConnell's desk'
The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Democrats await Manchin decision on voting rights bill have 317 words, post on thehill.com at June 22, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.