CONTRACTS by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet All 15 players offered a contract last season have been retained this year with three more players added to that list. © Getty A record number of eighteen women cricketers have been offered a contract for the 2021-22 season by Cricket West Indies, it was announced on Thursday (May 6). All 15 players offered a contract last season have been retained this year as well with the board opting to add three more players to that list. Youngsters Kaysia Schultz and Qiana Joseph have received a contract for the first time. While Schultz has never played for the national side, Joseph played a couple of games in the 2017 Women’s World Cup. Shawnisha Hector, who played a solitary ODI in November 2019 against India, is the third addition. “The last contract period did not see many international matches as we only played five T20I matches against England,” CWI’s Lead Selector for Women’s and Girls cricket, Ann Browne-John said. “Despite this, the contracted players were able to keep themselves fit and match ready. It was therefore the fairest decision to return all fifteen to contract. “There has been a lack of left-arm… Read full this story
- Study: Women's pay still 22 percent below men's
- How EMILY’s List Lost Its Way
- Reporting by Women Declining at Networks
- Pregnant in the time of Zika: How Congress failed women like me
- Gel Might Help Arm Women Against HIV and Herpes
- Seattle Will Be Home To New NHL Franchise, Beginning In 2021
- Black Feminism Should Serve the Women Who Aren’t at the Table, Too
- Did the USA women's national team abandon the old guard too quickly?
- The simple, thrilling reason why women have orgasms
- The Day In Search, April 22, 2009
CWI expands women contracts list for 2021-22 have 283 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.