Video Player Close BEIJING, May 7 (Xinhua) — Chinese President Xi Jinping said Friday that to strengthen solidarity and cooperation with African countries is always China’s resolute strategic choice. In a telephone conversation with Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) President Felix Tshisekedi, Xi said China supports the DRC playing its role as the rotating chair of the African Union (AU), and stands ready to work with the DRC to cement communication and coordination and make a success of the next meeting of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC). Noting that the DRC is an important cooperation partner of China in Africa, Xi said the two countries have enjoyed a good tradition of mutual support and mutual trust. The Chinese side, Xi said, always views and develops its relations with the DRC from a strategic and long-term perspective, supports the country in its efforts to safeguard national independence, sovereignty, security and development interests, and stands ready to increase political and governance exchanges with the DRC. The DRC’s participation in the Belt and Road Initiative has set up a new platform and opened up new prospects for bilateral cooperation, Xi said. The Chinese side, he added, is ready to work with… Read full this story
- US seeks more relaxation in India FDI policy
- 'She has to say what she has to say': Trump gives Angela Merkel a pass over ‘tear down walls of ignorance' dig but insists on D-Day that Germany MUST step up its contribution to NATO
- The Latest: LeBron James calls Muhammad Ali 'the first icon'
- The Latest: Jerry West says Ali had 'God-like presence'
- The Latest: Presidential candidates say Ali is The Greatest
- The Latest: Ali plea to free journalist was 'turning point'
- The Latest: Jim Brown recalls Ali as social force, comedian
Xi reaffirms China's commitment to solidarity, cooperation with Africa have 289 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.