IMAGE: BCCI President Sourav Ganguly, right, with Secretary Jay Shah. Photograph: BCCI With IPL 2021 suspended indefinitely on Tuesday, May 4, due to multiple COVID-19 cases in the teams’ bio-bubbles, it remains to be seen if the cash-rich T20 league once again forces the postponement of the T20 World Cup. The Twenty20 World Cup, which is scheduled to be held in India in October-November, could be moved to the United Arab Emirates if the COVID-19 crisis does not subside in India. But if the BCCI decides to conduct the remaining IPL games later in the year, given the huge sum of broadcasting money at stake, then the axe could fall on the T20 World Cup like it happened last year. India has been reeling under the deadly second wave of COVID-19 infections in the past few weeks, with cases in excess of 300,000 every day. The IPL 2021 season, which began on April 9, went on smoothly for the first few weeks with matches being staged in Chennai and Mumbai. But the trouble started when the matches were played in Delhi and Ahmedabad. Ahmedabad saw the first instance of COVID-19 virus breaching the IPL bio-bubble when Kolkata Knight Riders’s Varun… Read full this story
- David Warner very sure of playing in IPL if T20 World Cup is postponed
- T20 World Cup 2020: BCCI blames Shashank Manohar for ICC's 'delaying tactics' to hurt IPL 2020 preparations
- ICC T20 World Cup 2020 likely to be cancelled; IPL 2020 to go ahead?
- Inzamam-ul-Haq says questions will be raised if IPL happens in T20 World Cup window
- IPL 2020: BCCI fed up as ICC continues to delay final call on the fate of T20 World Cup in Australia
- With no crowds, T20 World Cup doesn't make any financial sense to Australia; IPL 2020 better option: Murali Kartik
- ICC T20 World Cup: CA ready to open gates to crowd if the tournament takes place
- Eoin Morgan casts doubts on T20 World Cup going ahead as per schedule
- Questions will be raised if T20 World Cup is postponed and IPL held in that window: Inzamam
- ICC should wait for a suitable time to host T20 World Cup: Wasim Akram
Will T20 World Cup be sacrificed for IPL? have 345 words, post on www.rediff.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.