NEW ZEALAND V AUSTRALIA, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Finch scored a game-changing 79 © Getty There were question marks over Aaron Finch’s spot in the Australian XI ahead of this series. The calls only grew louder after Australia went down 2-0 with Finch’s form also declining further. But by the end of the fourth game of the series, all those doubts can truly be laid to rest as the Australian skipper came up with a masterful innings once again to help his side claw their way back. Finch was the only batsman to score big on Friday (March 5) in a low-scoring match as his unbeaten half-century helped Australia level the series 2-2. Finch stands tall Was he flawless? Definitely not. Was he effective? Absolutely. Australia needed someone to stick around and the skipper put his hand up. He was struggling for timing throughout. Some of the boundaries he had hit weren’t even crisp but he got the job done. With batsmen falling continuously at the other end, Finch made sure he stayed there until the end to give his side a fighting total. With nine balls left in the innings. Finch finally registered… Read full this story
- Lions 2013: How Warren Gatland's team made history in Australia
- "No One In Dressing Room Is Panicking": Virat Kohli After Series Loss To Australia
- India vs Australia: Nathan Lyon And Peter Siddle Put Smiles On Disabled Kids' Faces With A Game Of Cricket
- Vietnam, Australia issue joint statement on establishment of Strategic Partnership
- Australia vs Pakistan: ‘There’s a blind spot’ - Misbah-ul-Haq devises master plan to stop Steve Smith
- Travis Head knows how to make the most of Test recall. Be ruthless
- Who is the enemy? Australia's secretive rules of engagement
- India target series-clincher, South Africa look to survive
- Do Australia have a captaincy problem coming up?
- Sam Kerr: Australia's million dollar player at the Women's World Cup
Ruthless Australia force series decider have 313 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.