MANILA, Philippines — Veteran entertainment news editor and columnist Ricardo "Ricky" F. Lo has died, the Philippine Star, where he wrote his FunFare column, confirmed on early Wednesday morning. According to a post on Philippine Star's Facebook page, Lo died on Tuesday. He was 75. Star has neither posted any cause of death nor any details about his interment. "It is with deep sorrow that we announce the passing of our beloved Entertainment editor and columnist Ricky Lo on May 4, 2021," Philippine Star said. "Ricky Lo popularized the decades-long Funfare column in The Philippine STAR, and was a highly respected journalist in showbiz circles," it added. Aside from his job at the Star, Lo was also known for being a host of various show business-related programs — ABS-CBN's entertainment program "The Buzz," GMA's "Startalk," and eventually his own show on QTV 11, "The Ricky Lo Exclusives" [atm]
- Who Was Brian Sicknick? Capitol Police Officer Who Died Was Iraq War Veteran
- BREAKING NEWS: Larry King, 87, 'is in the hospital with COVID-19' as concern grows for broadcast legend who has had health issues including a heart attack, prostate and lung cancer, and diabetes
- Mother tells how her daughter, six, nearly died after 'chickenpox' rash turned out to be reaction to Covid that she didn't know she had
- Country singer Ricky Skaggs, 66, reveals he underwent a quadruple bypass and is now on the mend: 'It was a major blessing I didn't have a heart attack'
- Never All That Close, New York And Los Angeles Are Further Separated By The Virus
- Family of veteran punched in face by employee at state-run war veterans home sues for damages
- Is Britain's great Covid vaccine roll-out finally picking up pace? Elderly residents queue for jabs after Boris brings in the Army to deliver 200,000 doses a day - but 99-year-old RAF veteran is STILL waiting for an appointment a month after scheme began
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 7
- Hospitals in Los Angeles County inundated with COVID-19 patients, treat some in gift shops
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 1
Ricky Lo, veteran entertaintment news editor and columnist, dies at 75 have 341 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.