Polish ambassador Wojciech Gerwel writes to Việt Nam News to mark Poland’s Constitution Day (May 3) This year Poland is celebrating the 230th anniversary of the adoption of the Constitution of May 3 – the second written act of this type in the world after the American Constitution. It was a momentous piece of legislation and an important reference point for further such acts internationally. The Constitution of May 3 was even hailed as one of the first sources behind the idea of the European Union. For Poles, it is one of the most important events in the country's history and a prominent symbol of successful co-operation in spite of differences. The spirit of international co-operation that this anniversary evokes brings to mind also the achievements and potential of the longstanding close co-operation between Poland and Việt Nam. Poland was one of the first countries to establish diplomatic relations with Việt Nam in 1950. Poland was also the only country that took part in both international commissions on supervision and control in Việt Nam, following the Geneva Accords of 1954 and the Paris Peace Accords of 1973. Polish Embassy handed over 10 multi-functional screens and 10 computers to the Việt Nam-Poland High School in Hà Nội on October… Read full this story
- 100,000 Poles meet in Warsaw square to mourn Polish President Lech Kaczynski, others killed in crash
- A booming Warsaw polishes up its act
- Ash Wednesday fasting means no more 'paczki' for Polish New Yorkers who enjoyed treat on Fat Tuesday
- 'In New York I actually rarely feel like an immigrant'
- PM Hun Sen’s visit to further drive Vietnam-Cambodia relations forward
- Cambodian Prime Minister begins official visit to Vietnam
- Poland’s Populists Pick a New Top Enemy: Gay People
- VOV bureau in Indonesia inaugurated
- Lao press highlights PM Thongloun Sisoulith’s visit to Vietnam
- Super Mario Party: The Kotaku Review
Polish traditions and the longstanding friendship between Poles and Vietnamese have 302 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.