The Virat Kohli-led side’s first stop will be in Southampton where they face New Zealand to decide the first champion of the Test format. Following their 3-1 win against England at home, India finished as the No. 1 side with 72.2 percentage points and booked their place in the final. All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja and middle-order batsman Hanuma Vihari, both of whom missed the series against England at home after sustaining injuries on the tour of Australia, will be making their comeback to the Test side. Senior pacer Mohammed Shami has also made his comeback to the side after missing the England series due to injury. While all-rounder Hardik Pandya was not considered for selection as “he is still not in a position to bowl”. The batting line-up comprises openers Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill and Mayank Agarwal. While the top and middle-order would be manned by Cheteshwar Pujara, captain Kohli, vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane and Vihari. Rishabh Pant is the only wicketkeeper in the squad while Wriddhiman Saha’s availability is subject to his fitness. KL Rahul’s availability is also subject to fitness. Rahul recently went through surgery after complaining of appendicitis. In the spin department, Axar Patel has been rewarded following his… Read full this story
- Ben Stokes to play in first India Test even though it finishes day before his court case
- England's twin missions at Headingley: Dent Kuldeep's confidence to win ODI series and lay down a marker for Tests
- Adil Rashid named in England squad for Test series against India as ECB opens itself up to tide of criticism
- Coventry City pair offer final audition ahead of England selection
- Darren Gough: Why I’m backing England to edge series with India
- Kuldeep waits on Test call after white-ball wickets against England
- Essex spinner Nijjar cannot wait to test himself against India
- England bowler Chris Woakes is set to return to action next week
- Can Ben Stokes play for the full IPL season, and why was Rajasthan Royals all-rounder allowed to return to the England team?
- Chris Tremlett: England should resist recalling Adil Rashid for India Test matches
India squad for WTC final and England tour announced; Ravindra Jadeja, Hanuma Vihari make a comeback have 341 words, post on www.mykhel.com at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.