Days before NASCAR celebrates its past, the sport looked to its future. Amid smoke and lights, the Next Gen cars for Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota roared into the public's view for the first time , a few days before the Cup Series convenes at Darlington Raceway for its throwback weekend . A sport with roots to moonshiners racing the law, seeks to show that innovative spirit more than 70 years later. And do it with a car unlike any other in NASCAR's history. "Simply put, this car will make our sport healthier and stronger," NASCAR President Steve Phelps said as he stood before each of the three models Wednesday. But it won't just be a car that impacts NASCAR's future. It will be a mindset. The sport needs to be aggressive in how it positions itself, following a trend it has taken in the last year that included banning the Confederate flag , shaking up the schedule and pointing toward a future with a hybrid engine. The car plays a role. It provides a visual cue that this can be a different NASCAR with vehicles that satisfy Ford, Toyota and Chevrolet in sharing more with their road counterparts. But the… Read full this story
- Fueling Your Drive: What Do Car Owners Think About Self-Driving Cars?
- Halfords’ Black Friday sale launches early: You can save on bikes, scooters and car care right now
- Uber, Lyft cars have heavy impact on SF streets, study finds
- Halfords release Black Friday 2019 deals early - here's what you can buy
- Winners and losers in the race for driverless cars
- Infiniti bets its future on a hybrid system that has flummoxed other automakers
- The Whole "Ok, Boomer" Thing Is Summed Up In This Car For Boomers
- Black Friday 2019 – rumours and best deals including Halfords, Gymshark and Amazon
- Faraday Future: What you need to know about the ambitious electric car maker
- Nissan is charged up about giving your electric car’s battery pack a new life
Friday 5: NASCAR’s future rides on more than Next Gen car have 327 words, post on nascar.nbcsports.com at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.