EXCLUSIVE by Atif Azam • Published on Share Tweet “This Covid period has been particularly disruptive to the team’s progress” © Getty Graham Ford, the Ireland head coach, is in Bangladesh with the Ireland Wolves side after Pete Johnson declined to travel to the country. The former Natal player opens up about his coaching experience with the Ireland team, the challenges to the team’s progress due to the pandemic, their Test ambitions and more in an interview with Cricbuzz. Excerpts: You’ve coached in different parts of the world. How different has your experience been with Ireland? Ireland is a small cricketing nation and the players certainly don’t have the development opportunities that talented players have in the bigger cricketing countries. However, Irish cricket has always been about team togetherness, character and a fearless approach. Over the years, it has been these qualities that have helped them to achieve some special results. How much improvement have you seen in the Ireland team since taking over as the head coach? Unfortunately, this Covid period has been particularly disruptive to the team’s progress. Prior to the pandemic, we had started to build towards the future and had involved some exciting younger lads to… Read full this story
- Gods of the NPS, A Front Country Tale
- Cosmetics : What are the alternatives to animal testing?
- Lab results: Oscilloscope tests today's market with cost-effective strategies
- Boeing and JAXA to flight-test technology to improve safety
- Is it possible to combine education and travelling?
- Willem Dafoe on 'The Florida Project,' Fallout From Playing Jesus
- Ridley Scott and Sigourney Weaver Give Plenty of Praise 'Alien' High School Play That Went Viral
- Korea summit after all? Trump says 'everybody plays games'
- Episode 4 Recap: Do Not Test Ronnie Because He Will Fail
- Any Half-Decent Hacker Could Break Into Mar-a-Lago. We Tested It.
'Envious of other countries but without sufficient finances, not possible for us to play more Tests' have 298 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.