(CNN) If US boxing promoter Don King came to define the art of braggadocio in promoting a world title fight, then Briton Eddie Hearn has taken the art of bravado and showmanship to a whole new level in the age of social media. The subject of viral memes, champion of big-money fights and winner of record-breaking contracts, Hearn has amassed over two million followers across his social media platforms, while he’s also the inspiration for the parody fan account, which has over 360,000 followers. It’s almost as if the Essex-born boxing promoter is more interesting and compelling than the fighters he promotes. ‘We want people talking’ “The razzmatazz is important,” Hearn tells CNN Sport’s Don Riddell ahead of this weekend’s super-middleweight title unification fight between Billy Joe Saunders and Canelo Álvarez. “We want people talking.” Read More Set to house over 70,000 spectators at the AT&T stadium in Texas, Hearn is excited about the prospect of a fight that will hold the record for the most fans in attendance at a US sports arena since the pandemic began. “From now hopefully this is the start of a return to normality.” Canelo Alvarez (R) connects on Sergey Kovalev during their WBO… Read full this story
- Eddie Hearn’s US return show in chaos as Julio Cesar Martinez CANCELS title defence vs Arroyo with throat infection
- Eddie Hearn's five-figure Ibiza night out for promoter's 40th birthday
- Sky Sports forced to apologise after Eddie Hearn’s hilarious X-rated outburst in preview to Matchroom Fight Camp
- Eddie Hearn suggests Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury two-fight deal is on horizon
- Taylor vs Persoon: Eddie Hearn says Katie Taylor's motivation is to remove doubt 'from people's minds'
- The 10 most powerful punchers in heavyweight boxing as Wilder tops list ahead of Joshua – but Fury doesn’t make the list
- Seven HUGE fights involving Brits that could happen this year as boxing returns to UK including Joshua vs Fury
- Joshua will fight anywhere, claims Hearn
- Chisora in talks to make MMA switch with Bellator picturing ‘fun opponent’ after Hearn hinted at Whyte fight
- Joshua vs Fury predictions: Boxing legends including Mike Tyson, Floyd Mayweather and Bernard Hopkins on who wins fight
Eddie Hearn: 'The razzmatazz is important,' says boxing promoter have 358 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.