Even as the pandemic rages on, more and more volunteers across the city are doing their bit for those affected, by cooking and distributing meals, free of cost. "I decided to contact our volunteers to supply food free of cost for around 20 people in home isolation. Today, the number of people receiving food has been increased to 200," said Vishnu P, President of Vasavi Yuvaka Kendra. Charan, Secretary of Vasavi Yuvakara Sangha, said the people have to register their names by submitting all the documents including the coronavirus test certificate. Volunteers are supplying food in areas such as Jayanagar, JP Nagar 1st to 6th phase, MICO Layout, and BTM 1st stage. For registration: Vishnu 9886401337, Suresh Babu 9845557365. To supply food to the destitute and those in home isolation, Vinod Kartavya of Hunger Free Bengaluru has joined hands with around 40 volunteers to open a kitchen near Sarakki Lake. "We are supplying food packets in areas such as SR Nagar, Cubbon Pet, Vidyaranyapura, JP Nagar, Indiranagar, Halasuru and CV Raman Nagar. On an average, we distribute around 600 to 700 food packets," said Kartavya. Kartavya can be contacted on 9611733032. Recipe of Hope is an initiative by Miti Desai… Read full this story
- Galaxy Z Fold 2: All the ways this foldable do-over improves on the original
- The best direct-to-consumer kitchen knives in 2020: Made In, Material, Brigade, Aura and more
- Matt Hancock delivers another hint low-infection areas WILL be downgraded in two weeks as PM reels from 55-strong Tory revolt amid warnings he faces 'problems by Christmas' unless tiers are eased
- NHS wants to recruit ‘sensible’ celebs and royals to plug Covid vaccine over fears Brits won’t accept it
- Boxing Day sales slump: Footfall at top High Street stores was down 10 per cent on last year even though hordes of shoppers braved the wet and cold and retailers slash prices by up to 90 per cent to lure back online customers
- How We Ate Our Way Through 2020
Distributing free meals, made with love and care have 318 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.