People intended to illegally enter Vietnam via border line in Dong Thap southern province were discovered by the provincial border guards. (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Provinces and cities across Vietnam, especially border areas, are stepping up their COVID-19 prevention and control efforts. Dong Thap provincial border guards are making efforts to prevent people from entering the province illegally from Cambodia to stop the virus from entering the community. At about 4.30am on May 3, during patrol duty on the So Thuong River in Thuong Thoi Hau A commune, Hong Ngu District, the border guard discovered 14 people, including 11 adults and three children, on seven wooden boats, preparing to illegally enter Vietnam. Previously, on May 1 and 2, they discovered 55 people travelling in 23 vehicles to the border on the Tien River to prepare to illegally enter the country. On Dong Thap southern province's 50.5km long border with Cambodia, comprising 40km of the river border and 10.5km on the mainland, the border forces deployed 21 fixed posts and 18 mobile control teams on patrol duty. Meanwhile, in the northern mountainous province of Ha Giang, hundreds of soldiers have been deployed on the Vietnam-China border for border management and protection and COVID-19 pandemic prevention… Read full this story
- Coming Out in Uganda Was a Death Sentence. The U.S. Border Was a Trap
- Newt Gingrich: Building the Wall Can Stop Cartel Killings Inside Mexico, Too | Opinion
- Ebola outbreak spreads to remote, militia-controlled territory in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Chinese military warns it can hit Hong Kong in TEN MINUTES as Beijing masses hundreds of armoured vehicles on city's border
- Trump would extend 'Dreamers,' TPS protection in exchange for full border wall funding; Democratic leaders reject plan as 'non-starter'
- Denmark starts building anti-swine border fence
- Yemen's Houthis say attacked Saudi border frontline, no immediate Saudi confirmation
- CBP chief rips into ‘reckless’ lawmakers for attacks on border agents, warns it's hurting morale
- Firefighters assist in border blazes
- Transcript: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand on "Face the Nation," May 19, 2019
Border provinces step up efforts to stop spread of COVID-19 have 320 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.