Charles Huff has no interest in wholesale changes at Marshall. The Thundering Herd’s new coach didn’t take the job at Marshall because it was a program in need of a massive overhaul. No, Marshall is fully capable of competing and winning championships. His predecessor, Doc Holliday , led the team to eight bowl games in 11 seasons. He was let go in January after being named Conference USA’s coach of the year in a move that shocked many across college football. Huff, the former Alabama running backs coach and 247Sports’ National Recruiter of the Year , rolled into Huntington with a clear vision but with the understanding he should not try to bull-doze players or staffers from the previous regime. Instead, the Maryland native asked questions and listened to those who best understand Marshall. “Tell me how Marshall has done it in the past, so that I have a little bit more education,” Huff said. “That’s not to say, well, we’re gonna do the exact same thing but it’s so I can explain to you the difference in my vision, and why I want to do it this way. A lot of times that communication is not always clear.” For… Read full this story
- Battling cancer. Asked to spin for Ed. And what they REALLY tell me when we turn the cameras off! Mischievous, moving and marvellously indiscreet - the brilliant memoirs of BBC's NICK ROBINSON
- Does Nick Carr matter?
- Opinion: UConn football’s shame
- Why Your Team Sucks 2017: Miami Dolphins
- Edited Transcript of RMD earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- Scouting: Fox Valley's Week 9 football games
- Edited Transcript of ISRG earnings conference call or presentation 17-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of VTR earnings conference call or presentation 25-Oct-19 2:00pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of MMM earnings conference call or presentation 24-Oct-19 1:00pm GMT
- Survivors of our hell
With notes from Nick Saban, Charles Huff takes patient approach at Marshall have 304 words, post on 247sports.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.