World premieres from Disney+, AMC, Startz, Peacock, A&E, OWN, FX and National Geographic are among the highlights of the 2021 Tribeca Festival 's 20th anniversary celebration, announced today. The events will take place in New York City June 9-20 and claim to be the first major film festival to host in-person events since the worldwide pandemic began. The Tribeca Festival was founded by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, and Craig Hatkoff in 2001 to spur the economic and cultural revitalization of lower Manhattan following the attacks on the World Trade Center. The festival focus is on new and returning TV series, new indie episodic storytelling, and an industry-facing Creators Market. The Tribeca TV lineup will include nine shows made up of six series premieres, one season premiere, two docuseries, and speaking appearances by Tina Fey , Christian Slater, Joshua Jackson, Jasmine Cephas Jones, and Helen Hunt. Related Story KISS: A&E Preps Two-Part Documentary On Classic Rock Band For Biography Strand The Tribeca Festival will also feature a performance by rock icons KISS . The event will open the Tribeca TV section with a concert following the screening of A&E Biography: KISStory . "When we launched Tribeca TV five years ago,… Read full this story
- The History of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Best Friendship
- The best TV shows going off the air
- Big Sick creators Kumail Nanjiani and Emily Gordon share a kiss while attending Writers Guild Awards in Los Angeles
- SPOILER ALERT: Dead Rick walking? Andrew Lincoln 'is LEAVING The Walking Dead after six episodes of season nine'
- The Apprentice EXCLUSIVE 'I wasn't on there for a TV career': Winner Carina Lepore takes a swipe at fame-hungry fellow candidates... after beating Scarlett Allen-Horton
- Boxing Day TV 2019: BBC, ITV, and Channel 4 schedule for films and shows
- TV’s Top 25 Episodes of the Decade
- SNL: "Forty years! That's like back when TV was still watched on TV."
- Apple’s TV Event: What We Know (and Don’t Know) About Its Streaming Plans
- The Best TV Performances of the Decade
The 2021 Tribeca Festival Unveils Plans For TV, Episodic And Creator’s Market, Including Live Events With Tina Fey, KISS have 333 words, post on deadline.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.