New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson won his fourth Sir Richard Hadlee medal for excelling across formats and was also adjudged the 'Test Player of the Year' in the country's annual cricket awards on Tuesday. Devon Conway won the men's ODI and T20 Player of the Year during the 2020-21 awards season which was conducted digitally for a second year running because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Williamson's incredible home Test summer helped him clinch the two awards alongside the Redpath Cup for first-class batting, after he amassed a whopping 639 runs in just four innings at an average of 159. He claimed the big prize for the fourth time in last six years. In bowler friendly conditions, Williamson, the number one ranked Test batsman in ICC standings, recorded his top international score of 251 against the West Indies in Hamilton. He also notched a Boxing Day Test century on his home ground of Bay Oval in Tauranga, before adding another double-century against Pakistan at Hagley Oval in Christchurch – to help the Black Caps book their place in the ICC World Test Championship Final. "Going into the Test summer – there was that Championship Final carrot and there was a real… Read full this story
- You know what real pressure is: Kane Williamson lauds healthcare workers battling COVID-19
- "Real Pressure Is Working To Save Lives": Kane Williamson Thanks Healthcare Workers
- Real Pressure is Working to Save Lives, Putting Your Own Safety on The Line: Kane Williamson Lauds Health Workers
- India 242: New Zealand 142-5 at lunch on day 2, 2nd test
- 'If we had to share No. 1 spot with any team, it will be New Zealand'
- 2nd Test: Suranga Lakmal carves up New Zealand top order
- New Zealand cricketers self-isolate for 14-days on return from Australia tour
- ICC World Cup 2019: Final: England vs New Zealand: Preview, where to watch, timing, probable XI
- New Zealand cricketers in 14-day self-isolation after returning from Australia
- Six reasons everyone loves New Zealand
New Zealand Captain Kane Williamson Bags Sir Richard Hadlee Medal For Fourth Time have 322 words, post on www.cricketcountry.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.