close Video Long Island cop stabbed during traffic stop, suspect in custody FOX News senior correspondent Laura Ingle joins ‘Fox News Live’ with the details A Long Island cop is in critical condition after a Mercedes driver stabbed him during a traffic stop Saturday night, officials said. Suffolk County Police Officer Christopher Racioppo was in a marked cruiser when he saw Jonathan Nunez, 25, allegedly driving a 1999 Mercedes Benz erratically and without headlights in Patchogue around 10:30 p.m., according to cops. DE BLASIO ANNOUNCES ‘UNPRECEDENTED’ RACIAL JUSTICE COMMISSION TO RETHINK NYC LAWS When Racioppo tried to pull the Mercedes over, it crashed into a 2004 Nissan at the intersection of South Ocean Avenue and Brook Street, police said. Nunez got out of the vehicle and began fighting with the officer in the front yard of a South Ocean Avenue home, police said. During the confrontation, Nunez stabbed the officer in the leg, hitting an artery, police said. Two good Samaritans and responding officers got control of Nunez and took him into custody. Racioppo was transported to Long Island Community Hospital in East Patchogue and then transferred to Stony Brook University Hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery for a ruptured… Read full this story
- Oklahoma police officer dies after traffic stop shooting
- Driver plows through Seattle protesters leaving one woman in critical condition three days after CHOP was torn down as Black Lives Matter demonstrations continue throughout the country
- Woman stabbed to death at Holiday Inn named as suspect remains in critical condition in hospital
- Tulsa community rallies support for 2 officers shot during traffic stop with prayers, flowers
- Oklahoma man accused of shooting 2 officers during traffic stop is in custody, police say
- ABC, NBC evening newscasts skip Tulsa officer killed during routine traffic stop
- Billionaire Owner Mikhail Prokhorov Is Looking to Sell Long Island's Nassau Coliseum
- Glasgow stabbings: Hero police officer critical after stabbing attack in city centre
- Family seeks justice for gay LSUE student in critical condition; police say it wasn't hate crime
- CHOP avoids the chop: Defiant occupants of Seattle's cop-free zone rebuild barricades and fortify their compound just MINUTES after the city attempted to reclaim the 'war zone'
Long Island cop in critical condition after being stabbed during traffic stop have 349 words, post on www.foxnews.com at April 11, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.