President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris each tweeted their support Monday for the family of Daunte Wright, the 20-year-old black driver killed after he evaded arrest on an outstanding warrant Sunday in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. Brooklyn Center suffered a second night of rioting on Monday — ironically, as the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin for the death of George Floyd continues. Both towns are in Hennepin County; Brooklyn Center is a suburb. Biden tweeted earlier: Today I'm thinking about Daunte Wright and his family — and the pain, anger, and trauma that Black America experiences every day. While we await a full investigation, we know what we need to do to move forward: rebuild trust and ensure accountability so no one is above the law. — President Biden (@POTUS) April 12, 2021 Harris followed up: Prayers are not enough. Daunte Wright should still be with us. While an investigation is underway, our nation needs justice and healing, and Daunte's family needs to know why their child is dead—they deserve answers. — Vice President Kamala Harris (@VP) April 13, 2021 Earlier Monday, Biden said there was "no justification" for looting. Over the weekend, Biden tweeted that… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren trails Joe Biden, Beto O'Rourke in potential 2020 Democratic primary race, poll finds
- Dianne Feinstein Throws Support Behind Joe Biden For 2020 Democratic Primary
- Kamala Harris to run for president
- Running for president? Kamala Harris releases memoir, media blitz … but still hasn’t made up her mind
- Kamala Harris kicks off presidential campaign with Oakland rally
- Joe Biden 'Guarantees' Donald Trump Will 'Challenge the Legitimacy' of the Midterm Elections If GOP Loses
- Kamala Harris memoir addresses her past as California prosecutor
- Kamala Harris Takes Aim at Trump and the 2020 Democratic Nomination
- Kamala Harris Nabs Her First Congressional Endorsement In 2020 Race
- Ann Coulter Predicts That Kamala Harris Will Be The 'Next President'
Joe Biden, Kamala Harris Tweet Support for Daunte Wright’s Family have 305 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.