President Joe Biden defended Monday his bi-partisan meeting at the White House on infrastructure, despite Republicans dismissing the event as more empty "window dressing." Sens. Roger Wicker (R-MS) and Deb Fischer (R-NB) met with Biden, as well as Reps. Don Young (R-AK) and Garret Graves (R-LA). Four Congressional Democrats also joined the meeting. When reporters asked about Republican criticism of the meeting, Biden replied, "I'm not big on window dressing, if you've observed." But at this point, Biden remains unwilling to publicly offer any major compromise on his multi-trillion-dollar spending plan proposed as "infrastructure." "I'm prepared to negotiate as to how — the extent of the — my infrastructure project, as well as how we pay for it," Biden said before the meeting began. Biden acknowledged Republicans had disputed whether the majority of the spending in the bill was actually infrastructure. "It's going to get down to what we call infrastructure," he said, adding "It's not just roads, bridges, highways, et cetera." Biden's proposal only spends roughly 25 percent on water systems, power grids, highways, roads, bridges, airports, broadband internet, and ports. The White House said the president had "a good exchange of ideas," during the meeting and "asked for… Read full this story
- Joe Biden won’t beat Donald Trump
- Can gaffe-prone Joe Biden learn to act like a president?
- Joe Biden starts strong but fizzles out in the Democratic debate
- Joe Biden fails to step up or fall down
- Meet all the Democratic candidates for the 2020 US election
- Trump and Biden trade insults in crucial state
- ‘He Deserted You’: Trump Blasts Biden at Pennsylvania Rally
- Biden Faces Criticism from Crowd After ‘Gay Waiter’ Remark
- Trump agrees with North Korean leader Kim on Biden
- Biden criticised on race at Democratic debate
Joe Biden: Infrastructure Meeting with Republicans Not Just ‘Window Dressing’ have 309 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.