Imperva has revealed the extent to which hardware scalpers used “Grinchbots” to buy the precious few CPUs, GPUs, and next-generation consoles that were available during the holiday season and make well over $82 million in sales in the process. The latest information about the prevalence of this practice arrived via the ” Bad Bot Report 2021: The Pandemic of the Internet ” study the company published today. Imperva said it saw a 788% increase in “bad bot traffic to retail websites globally between September and October 2020,” in large part due to next-gen consoles. Late 2020 was the perfect time for people to profit off these so-called Grinchbots. The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S were both well-received and released just before the holiday season; they would have been popular among scalpers and scammers even if Sony and Microsoft were able to keep pace with demand. These Grinchbots aren’t expected to go away now that the holidays are over, either. “The situation is predicted to continue throughout 2021,” Imperva said in the report, “as hardware supply remains scarce and demand grows.” Anyone looking for the best graphics cards or the best CPUs is all too familiar with that reality. Imperva’s… Read full this story
- DIY Solar Power Kits - You Can Save a Lot of Money by Making Your Own
- How and Why You Should Build a Hydrogen Generator to Save Money on Gas
- In Democratic Fund-Raising, Biden Falls Far Behind
- Cannon ImageClass D880 Printer - A Powerful Printer With Eco-Friendly Toner
- Lexmark X 215 Toner - Printers & Toners
- Michael Bennet slams "idiotic" DNC rules that kept him from debate
- Edited Transcript of LLNW earnings conference call or presentation 16-Oct-19 8:30pm GMT
- Interview With Author John R Afamasaga About His New Work "GUIPOPERA II"
- Edited Transcript of JPM earnings conference call or presentation 15-Oct-19 12:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of KDP earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 1:00pm GMT
Imperva: Hardware Scalpers Made a Bunch of Money from 'Grinchbots' in 2020 have 304 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.