Getty Images Despite seismic changes in sports media, #Longreads persist. The question is whether anyone ever reads every word of any of them. I'll wager that far fewer than 4,312 people read all 4,312 words of a three-byline opus from TheAthletic.com regarding the disintegration of the Eagles , only three years after the team won Super Bowl LII. I wanted to. I tried to do it. And after five or seven paragraphs, I did what mostly everyone else surely did — I scrolled and skimmed for anything potentially relevant or interesting. There were several relevant and interesting nuggets in the article. Here they are. The Eagles reportedly treated former coach Doug Pederson like "a baby," according to unnamed sources who claim that Pederson was beaten down by relentless second guessing. In 2019, for example, after a Thursday night win at Green Bay, Pederson was grilled by owner Jeffrey Lurie (an analytics aficionado) over the fact that Pederson hadn't called more passes. "[Pederson] was ridiculed and criticized for every decision," an unnamed source told TheAthletic.com. "If you won by three, it wasn't enough. If you lost on a last-second field goal, you're the worst coach in history." Said another unnamed source,… Read full this story
- Eagles' Jordan Howard slated to return in Week 17, but Doug Pederson says they will stick with the 'hot hand'
- Eagles play their best when they can’t afford to lose
- Eagles play their best when they can't afford to lose
- PLAYOFF BOUND: Eagles Beat Giants To Win NFC East In Week 17
- Report: Eagles Tight End Zach Ertz Suffers Fractured Rib In Crucial Win Over Cowboys
- Eagles injuries: Brandon Brooks out for postseason, Miles Sanders 'day-to-day'
- In Must-Win Game, Carson Wentz, Eagles Beat Cowboys To Take Control Of NFC East
- Seahawks-Eagles injuries: Zach Ertz, Lane Johnson questionable; Miles Sanders, Jadeveon Clowney good to go
- Eagles at Giants prediction: How to watch, live stream, TV times, odds, how Eagles can clinch NFC East
- Jordan Howard 'good to go' in Week 17 vs. Giants, here's how Eagles plans to use him
Eagles reportedly treated Doug Pederson “like a baby” have 344 words, post on profootballtalk.nbcsports.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.