PHILADELPHIA (CNN) — The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the US Food and Drug Administration are recommending that the United States pause the use of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine over six reported US cases of a "rare and severe" type of blood clot. The city and all partner clinics in Philadelphia have paused the use of this vaccine until we receive further guidance. Details on the specific changes to clinics will be forthcoming, but some clinics will be closed today and others will be switched to other types of vaccine. READ MORE: COVID-19 In Pennsylvania: All Adults Eligible For Vaccine On Tuesday, Except Philadelphia Residents Today FDA and @CDCgov issued a statement regarding the Johnson & Johnson #COVID19 vaccine. We are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution. — U.S. FDA (@US_FDA) April 13, 2021 The six reported cases were among more than 6.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine administered in the United States. All six cases occurred among women ages of 18 and 48, and symptoms occurred 6 to 13 days after vaccination, according to a joint statement on Tuesday from Dr. Anne Schuchat,… Read full this story
- The FDA launches criminal probe into vaping-related illnesses and deaths
- Ebola: What is the best vaccination strategy?
- Massachusetts becomes the latest state to enact a ban on e-cigarettes
- Bizarre perfume for people who want to smell like SEMEN is inspired by the AIDS epidemic of the 1980s, maker reveals
- The Chargers' Doctor Is A Drunk Quack. Why Haven't They Fired Him?
- Opinion | The J&J hip implant case: On patient safety, India must up its game
- Antivaxxers and the Plague of Science Denial
- Is cell phone radiation actually dangerous? We asked some experts
- Breast Cancer Detection: Mammography Vs Thermography
- End of Watch
CDC, FDA Recommend US Pause Use Of Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 Vaccine Over Blood Clot Concerns have 296 words, post on philadelphia.cbslocal.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.