Nick Weaver, singer and songwriter, most recently with Salmon Brothers and the co-founder of Sydney psychedelic rock band Deep Sea Arcade – has died at the age of 37. Nick was the son of Channel Seven journalist and long-time consumer editor Helen Wellings. He leaves behind wife Tia Turner. He had been diagnosed with bowel cancer, his family told Double J in a statement. ‘He was in the midst of many projects including recording a new album with The Tambourine Girls, a disco record with Salmon Brothers, as well as a solo record, which his bandmates have pledged to finish and release soon,’ his family said. Nick Weaver, the guitarist and co-founder of Sydney psychedelic rock band Deep Sea Arcade and The Tambourine Girls, has died at the age of 37 ‘His creativity was only just blossoming, and he will be greatly missed.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Shock as legendary Australian music promoter Michael… Australian screen legend Cliff Green dies aged 85: Writer of… Australian actress Joy Westmore dies aged 88: Prisoner star… Singer and trailblazing feminist icon Helen Reddy dies aged… Share this article Share 41 shares A Salmon Brothers album featuring Weaver will be released in the coming weeks…. Read full this story
- How the legendary Marquess of Bath, who has died aged 87 from coronavirus, became Britain’s most eccentric aristocrat
- 'Irreplaceable' housekeeper on NHS hospital ward dies of coronavirus as heartbroken colleagues pay tribute to 'much loved lynchpin'
- Eight-month pregnant nurse Mary, who died of coronavirus but whose baby was saved, lost her father 'to virus' just two weeks ago
- Michael Bublé rep says that controversy over singer's exchange with wife Luisana Lopilato is 'a failed effort of cyber bullying' amid clip of the singer 'elbowing' actress
- Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill dies at age 84
- All the celebs battling coronavirus from pop stars and actors to royalty
- 'I begged the paramedic, but they left': Husband of Filipino nurse, 50, who worked for NHS for 18 years tells how ambulance crew refused to take her to hospital... nine days before she died of coronavirus after he drove her himself
- Jake Quickenden holds back tears as he thanks the NHS amid COVID-19 and for caring for his late father and brother who tragically died of bone cancer
- Today in history, April 22: Richard Nixon dies
- Celine Dion's brother passes away age 59
Australian musician Nick Weaver dies aged 37: Salmon Brothers singer loses battle with cancer, his family confirm have 375 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at April 30, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.