WORLD Book Day 2021 celebrates everything to do with literature and reading. The annual event, led by charity Unesco , is largely targeted towards children and aimed at encouraging their love of reading. When is World Book Day? This year, World Book Day falls TODAY on March 4. This is the 24th year that the event has been held. It comes around on the first Thursday of March every year, in the UK. The day is also acknowledged globally in over 100 countries across the world. Other countries celebrate World Book Day on William Shakespeare ‘s birthday – April, 23. What happens on the day and who takes part? The day is a celebration of everything to do with books – from the authors and illustrators to the children who read them. Children of all ages come together to celebrate reading – having the chance to dress up as their favourite literary character on the day. The aim of the event is to encourage more children to discover the pleasures of books and reading by providing them with the opportunity to have a book of their own. The charity, along with National Book Tokens Ltd, offers a staggering 15million £1… Read full this story
- When is World Book Day 2021 and what’s the theme?
- World Book Day: Rochelle Humes, Vogue Williams & more amazing celebrity kids' costumes
- International Women's Day 2021: 12 fashion and beauty brands that give back to women
- International Women's Day 2021: 8 empowering ways to celebrate in Singapore
- Rick Morton, Alice Pung, Stan Grant, Anita Heiss and others: the books to look forward to in 2021
- Happy Valentine's Day 2021 Quotes, Images and Memes To Share With Those You Love
- Students launch 100 'satellites' in space at event jointly organised by Kalam Foundation, Martin Group
- 1 year after the first known US coronavirus death, over 450,000 families will never see a loved one again
- Who offers Covid cover and flexible booking? Promises of big holiday companies including TUI, Jet2 & easyJet explained
When is World Book Day 2021 and what is this year’s theme? have 311 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.