Hospital workers and relatives shift the body of one of the three female media workers shot to death in two separate attacks, at a hospital in Jalalabad on March 2, 2021. Photo by NOORULLAH SHIRZADA / AFP JALALABAD — Three female media workers have been shot and killed in Afghanistan, their TV network said, in what appeared to be the latest targeted killing to rock the country. Journalists, religious scholars, activists and judges have all been victims of a recent wave of political assassinations, forcing many into hiding — with some fleeing the country. The killings have increased since peace talks began last year between the Afghan government and the Taliban. Tuesday's murders came in two separate attacks in the eastern city of Jalalabad, said Zalmai Latifi, the director of Enikass TV, where the three women worked. "They were going home from the office on foot when they were shot," Latifi told AFP, saying all three worked in the dubbing department for the broadcaster. Zahir Adel, a spokesman at Nangarhar's provincial hospital, also confirmed the toll. The local Islamic State group affiliate said its gunmen carried out the killing of what it called "journalists working for one of the media… Read full this story
- Former Miss Iraq Receives Death Threats Days After Model Shot Dead in Baghdad
- Iraqi Beauty Queen, Active Fashion Blogger Shot Dead in Baghdad
- Amber Guyger case: Witness in US 'wrong flat' murder case shot dead
- US Actress Shot Dead After Pointing BB Gun at California Cops
- Four killed in Maryland warehouse shooting – woman suspect believed to be among dead
- Feud victim 'shot over pub attack after taunts about dad's killing'
- From Selfie to Death Warrant: Muslim Women Use Social Media Despite Threats
- Sex talk social worker struck off for filthy chat with colleagues has launched an appeal
- Ancient silver flask seized at Gatwick revealed for the first time, ahead of return to Afghanistan
- Four dead in Maryland shooting before female suspect shoots herself in head
Three female media workers shot dead in Afghanistan have 322 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.