Sony has announced that users will no longer be able to rent or purchase movies or TV shows from the PlayStation Store when using a PS5 , PS4 or PS4 Pro . In a post of the PlayStation Blog, Sony pointed towards the "tremendous growth from PlayStation fans using subscription-based and ad-based entertainment services on our consoles" as the reason behind its decision. Sony has said the change will take effect on August 31, 2021 and that users can still access movie and TV content they have purchased through the PlayStation Store for on-demand playback. Best PS5 games : when only the best will do The best PS5 accessories : get all the kit you need PS5 vs PS5 Digital Edition : what’s the difference? The move to stop movie and TV show purchases might not seem too surprising considering the rise of streaming services like Netflix and Disney Plus , but for those who do like to own digital copies of their favorite films, or like to indulge in the odd movie rental, it’s obviously a shame this option will no longer be available on PlayStation hardware. Buying movies and TV shows digitally is also a great alternative when… Read full this story
- What's Coming And Going From Hulu In December 2019? New Movies, TV, And Originals
- Disney Plus: Prices, launch dates, movies and shows to expect
- Sony announces PlayStation Now, its cloud gaming service for TVs, consoles, and phones
- Best microSD cards for NVIDIA Shield TV (2019) in 2019
- Sony’s PlayStation 5 won’t outperform Google’s Stadia. Does it matter?
- Best live TV streaming services for cord cutters in 2019
- Does Disney+ work on Samsung TVs?
- ‘I finally cracked it’: An abridged history of Apple’s TV efforts over the years
- How to download and share movies, music, and books on Google Play
- The future of 8K TVs is all about gaming. We’ll tell you why
Sony's PlayStation Store won't let you rent or purchase movies and TV shows soon have 307 words, post on www.techradar.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.