LIVERPOOL, England (Reuters) – Liverpool slumped to a sixth consecutive home Premier League defeat as they lost 1-0 to relegation-threatened Fulham after a first-half goal by Mario Lemina at Anfield on Sunday. The defeat extends their record run of home losses in a row and marks the first time since the 1953-54 season that they have lost that many games at Anfield in a league campaign. Liverpool stay seventh on 43 points, four points off fourth-placed Chelsea having played a game more. Fulham remain in the bottom three on 26 points after 28 games but now only trail 17th-placed Brighton & Hove Albion on goal difference. Juergen Klopp made seven changes to the Liverpool side that lost 1-0 at home to Chelsea on Thursday but it made little difference as Lemina outmuscled Mohamed Salah on the edge of the box to take possession before lashing home in the 45th minute. Liverpool’s fortunes were summed up when unmarked substitute Sadio Mane had a great opportunity to equalise in the 80th but mistimed his downward header and the opening came to nothing. The hosts had the lion’s share of the ball but yet again they failed to convert it into scoring opportunities… Read full this story
- Staff and Wire: Spiraling Rebels suffer sixth straight loss
- Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool fans can sing 'We're gonna win the league' but nothing changes
- Virat Kohli Says No Excuses Left After RCB's Sixth Straight IPL 2019 Loss
- CBA Roundup: Guangdong takes 11th consecutive win, Shanghai suffers 6th straight loss
- Roger Federer suffers shock US Open loss to world No. 55 John Millman
- Will Man Utd's style end Liverpool winning run on Super Sunday?
- Relentless Liverpool seek to stretch lead over Manchester United to 30 points
- Relentless Liverpool seek to stretch lead over Man United
- Klopp: Henderson’s game lifted by Liverpool’s Champions League success
- Liverpool Lead Again As Manchester United, Arsenal Falter In Top Four Chase
Liverpool suffer sixth straight Anfield loss as Fulham win 1-0 have 307 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.