Another Indian who was in action on Day 1, Mohammed Husamuddin (57kg) also made his way into the quarter-finals with a comfortable 4-1 scoreline against local boy Juan Manuel Torres. The 25-year-old Haryana boxer couldn't compete in the ring since Asian Olympic Qualifiers held in March last year due to injuries and is making a return after more than a year's break. He will take on two-time ASBC Asian Boxing Championships silver medallist Kazakhstan boxer Sufiullin Zakir in the last-8 round on Thursday while the Commonwealth Games bronze medallist Hassamuddin will face Italy's Simone Spada. Zakir beat Abdelhaq Nadir of Morocco 3-1 in the preliminary round match. The second day of the tournament will see six Indian women boxers Mary Kom (51kg), Jasmine and Manisha Moun (57kg), Simranjit Kaur (60kg), Lovlina Borgohain (69kg) and Pooja Rani (75kg) competing in the quarter-finals. A 14-member Indian contingent (eight men and six women), including nine Olympic qualified and other top boxers, is taking part at the 35th edition of the tournament where boxers from 17 countries, including top boxing nations like Russia, USA, Italy, Kazakhstan and Spain, are participating. More MANISH KAUSHIK News Mary Kom enters semis of Spanish tourney; assured of medal… Read full this story
- Number of visitors to Las Vegas flat in March, agency reports
- Beach volleyball’s Izzy Carey finds air both on the court and across the world
- Vislink Technologies Reports Q1 2019 Financial Results
- Free Times Power List 2019
- Summer: Fun things to do in the Milwaukee suburbs
- Are U.S. women’s soccer players really earning less than men?
- The King Maker: Why Rich Paul Will Own the NBA Summer
- Short One Star, U.S. Women Just Called for Another
- Stars and Stripes (and Wins) Forever
- Inside the Shrinking Newsroom of the Paper That Shapes the Primaries
Kaushik, Husamuddin march into quarters at Boxam International Tournament have 296 words, post on www.mykhel.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.