A new £300million recovery package for sport in England was announced by the Government on Wednesday as Chancellor Rishi Sunak delivered his Budget in the House of Commons. The Treasury on Twitter would then declare that there was "£300m to back clubs and governing bodies across a wide range of sports in England". Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said on Twitter that the £300m fund would "help spectator sports such as cricket, tennis and horse racing". Here is a look in closer detail at the support that has been confirmed. Why has this announcement been made? News of this fresh funding to help sporting institutions dealing with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic comes after the Government last week set out its 'road map' for the easing of lockdown restrictions. That included spectators not being able to return to sporting venues in England until May 17 at the earliest. The funding adds to a £300m 'winter survival package' announced by the Government in November last year. Which sports will benefit? The Treasury on Wednesday said the money was to "back clubs and governing bodies across a wide range of sports in England", and Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said it would help… Read full this story
- Star Citizen's pace of funding has accelerated, and it's powered by new backers
- Sony PS5: What tech will power the next PlayStation? And when will it release?
- Sony officially confirms the existence of the PS5, but when will it release?
- AMD Vega reviews, news, performance, and availability
- Some Star Citizen backers think refunds should be an option, developer responds
- Best gaming monitor 2019
- The 500 best games of all time: 300-201
- Best gaming monitor 2019 (February)
- Best gaming monitor 2019 (April)
- Best gaming monitor 2019 (June)
Inside Rishi Sunak's £300million package for sport after 2021 Budget pledge have 291 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.