SPRING breakers heading to Florida have sparked fears of yet another Covid surge. College students were spotted in crowds on the sandy beaches, as nearly 2,000 Americans yesterday died from Covid-19. Pictures show people packed together in the sun, maskless and partying. Miami Beach Mayor Dan Gelber told WSVN he thinks “we’re expecting a larger than typical spring break.” Experts have warned against people traveling to Florida or other places as states work desperately to roll out vaccines and get as many people as possible the protection against the virus. “We understand there's a lot of angst to get out and enjoy our beautiful weather and our beautiful beach, but we're just asking for cooperation from our college students that do decide to come to Fort Lauderdale,” Frank Sousa, the area’s Police Assistant Interim Chief told WSVN. Raul Aguila, Miami Beach’s city manager, said during a city council meeting that people heading to Florida “with an anything-goes party attitude” should “change your flight reservation now and go to Vegas, ” The Wall Street Journal reported. Some Florida beaches are shutting down early, with curfews meant to help dampen possible virus spread. According to the Covid Tracking Project , another 65,000… Read full this story
- Second whale is found dead in the Thames just ten days after baby humpback nicknamed Hessy was killed in the same river when a boat hit her in the face causing 'catastrophic' wounds
- Lyft is fostering a sexual assault 'epidemic,' victims say
- Police officer, 51, finds out he has a half brother, 49, thanks to DNA testing before discovering they are BOTH cops and living in Florida
- Florida school shooting: A killer comes to 'paradise'
- How urban myths taught parents to fear Halloween candy
- Dragged into U.S. politics, Ukraine’s real challenge is ending a conflict sparked by Russia-backed separatists
- Ready fur us? Plucky seal gives seal a frosty reception in stunning image from Sir David Attenborough's new series Seven Worlds... as he warns against blight of 'waste' and says humans have made a tragic, desperate mess' of the planet
- From Chile to Lebanon, Protests Flare OverWallet Issues
- Sarasota-Bradenton on screen: the biggest movies made here
- Hessy the humpback WAS killed by a ship: 27ft baby whale died in Thames after boat hit her in FACE causing 'catastrophic' wounds, post-mortem reveals
Florida beaches fill with Spring Breakers sparking fears of another deadly Covid spike – as experts say ‘stay away’ have 379 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.