Video Player Close BEIJING, March 6 (Xinhua) — China has set a sound growth target for 2021, leaving room for policymakers to carry out arduous reforms to tackle bottlenecks constraining sustainable development. “A target of over 6 percent (of economic growth) will enable all of us to devote full energy to promoting reform, innovation, and high-quality development,” Premier Li Keqiang said in the government work report delivered to the national legislature, which began its annual session Friday. The report, along with the draft blueprint setting the country’s development priorities for the period up to 2035, both of which are being discussed at the annual “two sessions” of the country’s top legislature and political advisory body, outlined key areas where reforms are expected to bring institutional changes and bolster the country’s long-term growth. BUILDING UP TECH STRENGTH China will raise its capacity for pursuing scientific and technological innovation, leveraging market forces to encourage enterprises to innovate, according to the report. To that end, the country will offer preferential tax policies to encourage research and development (R&D), especially for manufacturing enterprises, the report said. The draft outline of the 14th Five-Year Plan (2021-2025) for national economic and social development and the long-range… Read full this story
- Economic Watch: China's economy on recovery path, challenges ahead
- Economic Watch: China's consumer inflation eases to 3.3 pct, factory prices deepen fall
- Economic Watch: China's auto market rebounds in April as work resumption quickens
- Businesses commit to China's future
- Corona pandemic presents the greatest opportunity for radical reforms: Arvind Virmani, ex CEA
- Xi leads China's economic reopening on sustainable track
- China plans to build new city nearly three times the size of New York
- Demand surge for niche steel products to be boon for China mills
- Maintaining economic vitality with innovation
- Coronavirus crisis sees China losing 'soft-power leverage'
Economic Watch: China pledges greater reforms to chart course for sustainable growth have 292 words, post on www.xinhuanet.com at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.