Fastest VPN in 2021: The speediest VPNs compared Watch Now ZDNet Recommends Best VPN services Best security keys Best antivirus software The fastest VPNs I recently got another letter from a reader that can serve as a great foundation for an article. Our reader asks: Is not the encryption provided by my browser on the data I exchange with an https: site sufficient to protect the data? My understanding has been that it is. If so, a VPN is not needed for this purpose. Furthermore if so, it’s perfectly safe for me to exchange private data (say, account info with my bank or stock broker) over any public, open network. Of course, VPN’s provide several other valuable functions, but as I understand it they do NOT provide any additional security to the actual data exchanged. VPN providers would likely not want to highlight this. There’s a lot to unpack in our reader’s letter. Let’s dig into each question/statement one-by-one. executive guide How to find the best VPN service: Your guide to staying safe on the internet Whether you’re in the office or on the road, a VPN is still one of the best ways to protect yourself on the big,… Read full this story
- Reader question, answered: If I have https, do I need a VPN?
- As China suffers from coronavirus, some wonder: Is it really that serious? 3 questions answered
- Real ID Deadline In VA, DC: 8 Questions Answered
- Your Questions Answered: How can you heat your home without gas?
- Motorola Razr is here: 12 questions answered from our hands-on with the foldable phone
- Will Wade to remain suspended until LSU questions answered; Javonte Smart decision could come soon
- Does the Iowa caucuses winner take on Donald Trump? Five quick questions answered
- OSCARS 2018 - Where to watch, what you need to know, and all your questions answered
- SuperCoach AFL study guide: All the info you need to succeed in 2020
- What the Job of a Sensitivity Reader Is Really Like
Do I need a VPN if I have https? A reader question, answered have 327 words, post on www.zdnet.com at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.