Home Health Wellness Wellness oi-Amritha K By Amritha K on March 2, 2021 As India began the second phase of the vaccination drive on 1 March, everyone above 60 years of age and those over 45 years with comorbidities will be getting the COVID-19 vaccine. In the first month of 2021, the Indian government had approved two vaccines – Covaxin developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and Covishield from the Oxford-AstraZeneca stable being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII). In this article, we will talk about the two vaccines and their mechanisms. Covishield Vs Covaxin Type : Covishield is based on the viral vector platform, that is, the vector has been modified to carry the coronavirus spike protein into human cells. Covaxin is based on an inactivated whole SARS-CoV-2 virion, that is, the virus’s disease-producing capacity is inactivated. Dosage : Both Covishield and Covaxin have to be administered in two doses. According to the Union Health Ministry, the administration of the second dose of Covid-19 vaccination to those who have completed 28 days after receiving the first dose. Vaccine application : Both Covishield and Covaxin are intramuscular injections. Age group : Covaxin is approved for people aged 18 years… Read full this story
- Parents of Fully-vaccinated Children with Cancer Want Answers to the Question:“Is There a Vaccine/Cancer Connection?
- Sri Lanka vs England 2018: One-Off T20I
- Houston among cities with the best salary-to-rent comparison
- Things to know about things to do in Naperville until Halloween
- Montreal vs. Toronto: Which Canadian city is the best vacation spot?
- How "The Wall" could kill a Texas city
- Bren vs. Trump: O.C.’s Donald quietly trumps The Donald
- Everything to know about the NYC Indigenous Peoples Day celebration 2018
- The City of the Eternal Boom
- VOTERS GUIDE: What you need to know before the November general election
Covishield Vs Covaxin: Everything You Need To Know And List Of Vaccination Centres In Major Cities In India have 287 words, post on www.boldsky.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.