BAFTA have announced the nominations for this year’s British Academy Games Awards, providing a snapshot of the biggest and best games from 2020. Unsurprisingly, The Last of Us Part II features heavily in a lot of categories, racking up a record breaking 13 nominations. Naughty Dog’s sequel steals the crown from Control and Death Stranding, which both topped out at 11 nods each last year. New IPs Ghost of Tsushima and Hades aren’t too far behind, earning 10 and eight nominations respectively. GoT was one of the PS4’s standout exclusives in 2020, while Supergiant Games’ smash hit isometric roguelike Hades appeared on many a Game of the Year list a couple of months ago, including the Mirror’s . The EE Game of the Year category winner is the only one decided by a public vote, with a shortlist consisting of Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, Hades, Call of Duty Warzone and VALORANT. If you want to cast your ballot, head to the BAFTA Games Awards section on the EE website . All the winners will be revealed during the awards ceremony which takes place on March 25, hosted by Elle Osili-Wood. Which games do you think… Read full this story
- Nordic Game Awards 2019 Nominee List Released
- Bafta Games Awards 2019: Why this is gaming's most prestigious ceremony
- See which games took home awards at the Game Awards 2018
- Everything we know about The Game Awards 2018
- Here are the nominees for the best video games of the year at The Game Awards — and anyone can vote for the final winners
- Will Hideo Kojima Showcase New ‘Death Stranding’ Trailer At Game Awards 2017?
- British Academy Games Awards announced including God of War, Fortnite and more
- The Game Awards 2018: What new games will we see at announcement hotbed?
- 'Oblivion,' 'War' rule at Spike video game awards
- The 2010 Spike Video Game Awards
BAFTA Games Awards 2021 nominees announced, with The Last of Us Part II breaking a record have 302 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.