advertisement advertisement advertisement COVID-19 has impacted workers around the globe, especially those who are in lower-paid essential roles and women. We know over the course of the pandemic many women chose to leave their jobs in order to take on caregiving responsibilities because their occupations or roles paid less than men. Then there is a gender wage gap that is much wider for women of color. If we let it persist we risk setting back gender equality and the progress we have made so far. advertisement advertisement How to evaluate pay equity Equal pay for equal work has been U.S. law under the Equal Pay Act (EPA) since 1963. Yet, new Indeed research finds that inequities remain. Although 66% of workers say they are fairly paid for their work, only 15% of women strongly agree they are paid fairly and 18% of Black workers strongly disagree that their pay is fair. These differences show the ongoing role that race and gender play in pay equality and shed light on how the wage gap that hits women, especially women of color, continues to persist. In order to create truly inclusive workplaces where people feel valued for their contributions, employers should take… Read full this story
- Congressman Tells Congresswoman She Doesn’t Understand Gender Pay Bill
- Court: Employers can’t pay women less because of their salary history
- The Problem With 'Pay Them'
- FIFA Women's World Cup: "Pay Them" Argument Has a Problem
- What Did Google Actually Find Out About How It Pays Women and Men?
- Recode Daily: Facebook floats the idea of paying publishers to put content in a dedicated news section
- Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman Pay Gap Is a Viral Misunderstanding
- New York City has set the nation’s first minimum pay rate for ride-hail drivers
- New York City has set the nation’s first minimum pay rate for Uber and Lyft drivers
- Gender pay gaps in academy school chains among the worst in UK
5 strategies to ensure fair pay so the wage gap doesn’t widen post-COVID have 314 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at March 24, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.