Visitors at the exhibition Nắm Cát Tha Hương (The White Sand in Exile) at Old Soul art centre at Lê Thanh Nghị Street in Đà Nẵng. Photo facebook Old Soul ĐÀ NẴNG — An art exhibition by Xuân Hạ depicts her life through personal experiences and external materials in her homeland in the central region. Nắm Cát Tha Hương (The White Sand in Exile) is her work exploring the issues of sand exploitation in her hometown in Thăng Bình District in the south-central province of Quảng Nam. She reflects the impact it has on the material and spiritual life of the local residents. Hạ uses glass bottles she has collected that had washed up on shore to create her work. “White sand spreads across the seaside communes. Houses are built on sand. Trees are planted on sand. The tourism industry is built on sand. People's graveyards are built on sand,” exhibition visitor Thảo Hương said. “I was born in the central region and sand is something that is very familiar in my life. “The exhibition brings emotions and memories of my childhood. I witnessed the river in my homeland drying up in summer because sand turned into cement. I visit my maternal grandparent’s graveyards with white sand and bushes.” The exhibition originates from the culture of people that live… Read full this story
- Black mural artists are adding face masks to their street art in a grassroots PSA to fight the coronavirus
- No longer Dana White’s dream, UFC’s Fight Island is real
- Madonna's daughter Lourdes Leon channels her mother's Cherish music video as she rolls around in the sand for a new Miaou campaign
- Sketching artists inspire love for Hanoi
- This is what it looks like when an explosion creates gold in space
- Savvy family create an impressive 'Lockdown Lodge' to chill out in for £250 - by upcycling and sourcing spare materials from the local community
- San Francisco art curator resigns after colleagues accused him of being a 'toxic white supremacist' for saying his museum 'would still collect work from white men'
- Berkshires pilot for national program puts artists on the payroll
- Celebrity IOU: Rebel Wilson creates luxurious backyard retreat for her 'first American friend'
- Spirit bear in the wild: One of only 400 white Kermode bears is caught on camera fishing in the Canadian wilderness
White sand inspires artist to imagine and create have 392 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.