A doctor at the Việt Nam Military Medical University in Hà Nội prepares the Nano Covax shot for a volunteer in the vaccine’s human trial starting in December last year. — VNA/VNS Photo Diệp Trương HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam might distribute its locally-made COVID-19 vaccine among high-risk frontline workers in the third phase of human trials in May this year. Nguyễn Ngô Quang, Deputy Director of the Department of Science, Technology and Training under the Ministry of Health, told the press after a meeting of the National Council for Ethics in Biomedical Research convened Friday to officially greenlight the second phase of the human trials of Nano Covax on February 26, following the first phase’s results proving that the vaccine is safe and 90 per cent effective. As many as 560 volunteers, aged from 18 to 65, will participate in the second phase, Quang said. In addition to the testing at Việt Nam Military Medical University in Hà Nội, HCM City-based Pasteur Institute will also administer the testing of the vaccines in the southern province of Long An so more volunteers can be involved. Unlike the first phase when volunteers got doses of 25mcg, 50mcg and 75mcg, this phase's volunteers… Read full this story
- Congo starts vaccinating health workers against Ebola
- California bill could ban anti-vaccine parents from doctor-shopping for medical exemptions
- Xi Jinping Personally Oversees Firing of 40 Officials over Vaccine Scandal
- North Korean senior officials visit Hai Duong
- California Lottery official dismissed amid investigations
- State workers looking to recover ‘fair share’ fees must overcome new California law
- Unions are putting thousands into a CalPERS election. Will workers actually vote?
- Caltrans worker falls to his death on highway project
- Cleaver, Hawley among lawmakers getting paychecks while federal workers go without
- KCATA offers helping hand — and a free bus ride — to federal workers during shutdown
VN to give locally made COVID-19 vaccine to frontline workers in May: official have 304 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at February 19, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.