Tiger Woods has been given hope that he can return to top-level golf by one-time Ryder Cup rival Thomas Levet. Levet broke his leg jumping into a lake to celebrate his victory at the 2011 French Open in one of the sport’s most bizarre injury incidents and was back playing inside three months. But it was the experience of his wife Caroline – a leading French amateur who was also seriously hurt in a car crash – which persuades Levet that Woods is not yet finished. "I had only a broken fibula so Tiger’s injury is very different but my wife suffered the same injuries as he has as an 18-year-old," said Levet. "She was in a head-on crash – one car going 80kmh, the other 110kmh. She was in surgery for 15 hours. They operated on both her legs, feet and ankles. She could not walk for six months. But a year and a bit later, in 1988, she was playing for the French Open in a play-off. She couldn’t run, walking tired her but she came back. And if she came back, Tiger can come back too." The difference is that Woods is 45 but Levet, who played… Read full this story
- Tiger Woods is an ‘arrogant pr**k’ on the golf course… that’s how he won 15 Majors, says ex-coach Butch Harmon
- Okay, So How Much Time Did You Spend Talking About Tiger Woods This Holiday Weekend?
- Tiger Woods in frame with need for creativity at parched Carnoustie
- Who Is Rachel Uchitel, Tiger Woods’s Alleged Other Woman?
- 'We're not test subjects. We're people': Backlash against Las Vegas mayor after car crash interview where she said she wanted to use the city as a 'control group' to get people back to work
- Tiger Woods says he would tell his younger self to run less after 30-mile sprints 'destroyed my body and my knees'
- Holidaymakers face six-month wait for travel refunds as airlines struggle to deal with colossal backlog of claims with £7billion owed to customers
- Tiger Woods reveals what really ‘destroyed’ his body
- Tiger Woods reveals what ‘destroyed’ his body when young
- Gordon Ramsay’s neighbours launch another furious attack as he’s forced to deny almost causing a car crash
Tiger Woods facing "18-month rehab" after car crash warns top golf coach have 367 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.