Tiger Woods suffered serious injuries in a car crash in California on Tuesday, with details continuing to emerge about the incident. The 15-time major champion was alone in an SUV and heading northbound on Hawthorne Boulevard at Blackhorse Road, a major road that cuts through the Palos Verdes Peninsula to the south of Los Angeles, when he crashed shortly after 7am local time (3pm GMT). The crash occurred on a curvy, steep stretch of road, with Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva telling reporters that Woods was travelling at a “relatively greater speed than normal” and the area “has a high frequency of accidents”. It is believed that Woods lost control of his vehicle during a downhill stretch of the road, with no signs of skid marks or breaking as the car hit the centre kerb, a tree and then rolled over several times before coming to rest several hundred feet away. The car – a Genesis GV80 with a ‘Genesis Invitational’ logo on its side – was the only vehicle involved and suffered extensive damage from the crash, while overhead pictures of his car showed clearly the significant damage as it lay on its side on a grass embankment,… Read full this story
- Multiple Injuries In Peabody, Danvers Car Crashes
- Family of Temuka man killed in car crash tell drug driver responsible 'turn your life around'
- Girl, 14, left with parts of her skull missing after horrific crash
- World rally champion Ott Tanak avoids serious injury after huge crash in Monte Carlo
- Weight-lifting father who had his leg amputated following a motorcycle crash that left him in a coma for a MONTH returns to the gym after a gruelling year of rehab
- Stolen car linked to fatal truck crash in Adelaide's Salisbury South
- Tesla owner complained about Autopilot before fatal crash
- Alton Towers Smiler crash: Live updates as theme park operator is fined £5 million for horror smash
- Croydon tram crash: Recap after seven dead and driver arrested amid claims he 'blacked out at controls'
- Girl, 12, shares photo of her in a coma after drink-driver crash killed her mum
Tiger Woods car crash: Details from incident that left former world No 1 with significant leg injuries have 337 words, post on www.skysports.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.