close Video Sen. Josh Hawley responds to Lt. Gen. Russel Honore comments: 'Disturbing, downright crazy' Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., reacts to Lt. Gen. Russel Honore's comments on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight.' Some GOP lawmakers are harshly criticizing Russel Honoré, the retired Army lieutenant general who House Speaker Nancy Pelosi chose to lead the investigation into the security of the U.S. Capitol after the Jan. 6 attack by a pro-Trump mob, for allegedly being too partisan for his post. Honoré is known for his role in the response to Hurricane Katrina and more recently has made appearances on cable news that are often very critical of Republicans. This, and some of his social media commentary, has led to criticism from high-profile Republicans that Honoré may not be the best person for the job he was picked for on Jan. 15. “General Honoré is an extreme partisan and should be the LAST person to head up an investigation of what happened at the Capitol on Jan 6th,” Sen. Ron Johnson. R-Wis., said in a tweet. Honoré’s past comments were first highlighted during a segment on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” “I mean some of the statements that the General has made are just downright crazy,” Sen. Josh… Read full this story
- Republicans slam Pelosi over impeachment reversal after floor vote: ‘What has changed?’
- Democrats Rally After Partisan Impeachment Vote, Say GOP’s Lack of Support Is ‘Disappointing’
- Election live blog: No Democratic wave? Republicans unseat Democrat in Indiana Senate seat
- Film Review: Patriocracy
- Mediaite Awards 2013: We Pick the Year’s Very BEST in Media
- Twitter ripped into Megyn Kelly as she headed to jury duty: 'They rarely pick racists'
- Republicans Opposing Iran Deal Withdrawal Are Not Hypocrites. They’re Rational.
- Review: Godzilla: King of the Monsters
- Trump backs down, says he misspoke on Russia meddling
- How Does He Keep Getting A Platform? Bill Kristol’s History Of Terrible Predictions And Bad Advice
Russel Honoré, Pelosi pick to lead review of Capitol security, ripped by Republicans as ‘extreme partisan’ have 317 words, post on www.foxnews.com at February 18, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.