Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Congress MP Shashi Tharoor on Friday protested against the rising fuel prices by "pulling an auto-rickshaw with a rope" in Thiruvananthapuram. Tharoor took to the streets in his constituency and led hundreds of auto-rickshaw drivers. The Congress MP symbolically pulled a three-wheeler with a rope to express protest against the soaring petrol and diesel prices. Symbolically pulled an auto-rickshaw in Thiruvananthapuram to protest extortionate fuel taxes & the failure of both Central & State governments to reduce their share of the loot. Over a hundred autos joined the protest under the auspices of @INTUCnational pic.twitter.com/e0D0M29Ffj — Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) February 26, 2021 Tharoor, while addressing the drivers , said, “Where the burden of fuel tax is proving unsustainable for the ‘aam aadmi’. It`s unconscionable that Indians pay 260 per cent tax on their fuel while Americans, for instance, pay 20 per cent. Fuel taxes affect all other prices. Later he tweeted, “Symbolically pulled an auto-rickshaw in Thiruvananthapuram to protest extortionate fuel taxes & the failure of both Central & State governments to reduce their share of the loot. Over a hundred autos joined the protest under the auspices of INTUC…” Live TV Zee News App: Read… Read full this story
- GOP Senator May Block Kavanaugh Confirmation After Woman Claims Sexual Attack
- Trump says he knows economy better than Federal Reserve chair
- POLITICO Playbook PM: What Dems are saying about that letter against Pelosi
- 2018’s Most Powerful People in Residential Real Estate
- BJP slams Rahul Gandhi for attack on PM over Rafale deal
- Voter guide: Get to know the candidates, issues on the ballot in Mich.
Kerala Congress MP Shashi Tharoor pulls auto-rickshaw in protest against fuel price hike - WATCH have 266 words, post on zeenews.india.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.