President Joe Biden ordered a review of critical supply chains Wednesday, acknowledging concerns about America's ability to acquire critical items for manufacturing. The president spoke after meeting with a bipartisan group of members of Congress to discuss the issue. "This is a critical area where Republicans and Democrats agreed, it was one of the best meetings I think we've had so far," he said, noting that he had been president for about five weeks. "It was like the old days, people were actually on the same page." Biden focused on recent glaring examples of shortages of personal protective equipment during the height of the coronavirus pandemic and recent shortages of semiconductor chips, slowing auto manufacturing. The president did not specifically mention America's over-reliance on countries like China for critical supplies but hinted about the dangers that the country faced. "We shouldn't have to rely on a foreign country, especially one that doesn't share our interests or our values," Biden says. The president signed an executive order that would deploy a 100-day review of ways to strengthen the supply of semiconductors, rare earths, pharmaceuticals, and advanced batteries. But Biden steered clear of the America First strategy routinely voiced by his predecessor…. Read full this story
- George Conway group endorses Joe Biden
- Joe Biden Says Trump Hasn't Provided an Answer on How to Safely Reopen America, Unveils His Own Plan
- Watch–Barack Obama Formally Endorses Joe Biden: ‘This Crisis Has Reminded Us that Government Matters’
- Dear Joe Biden, here is how you can earn our support
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Says She'll Back Joe Biden, but Uniting Democrats Around Candidate 'Should Be Uncomfortable'
- John Lewis pushes Joe Biden to pick a woman of color to be his running mate
- Trump Says He Had a 'Friendly' Phone Call with Potential 2020 Opponent Joe Biden About Coronavirus
- Why Bernie Sanders lost the Democratic presidential primary to Joe Biden
- How Obama's Endorsements of Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton Compare
- The Bernie Sanders campaign may be over but the disagreements over Joe Biden remain
Joe Biden Voices Concern About Future of Critical Supply Chains in America have 343 words, post on www.breitbart.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.