Hosts ride on Axar, Ashwin show to script 10-wicket victory, take 2-1 lead in the four-match Test series AHMEDABAD Riding on brilliant spells of spin bowling from Axar Patel and Ravichandran Ashwin , India registered a comprehensive 10-wicket win over England in the pink-ball Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium on Thursday to go 2-1 up in the four-match series. In the end, English skipper Joe Root winning the toss and batting first meant nothing as the visitors were completely outplayed in the game. Chasing 49 for a win, India raced home with 10 wickets in the bag as Rohit Sharma (25) and Shubman Gill (15) looked in a hurry to finish proceedings. Rohit finished it off in style by sending Root into the mid-wicket stands. The win has taken India one step closer to the final of the World Test Championship. But the star of the show was hometown boy Axar as he finished with 11 wickets in the game (six in the first innings and five in the second). Jofra Archer plumb in front. Root and Jack Leach's domination in the opening session on the second day was indication enough that the English batsmen would have their task… Read full this story
- Shakib Al Hasan likely to miss India tour
- Should an unfit Virat Kohli play next Test? Did India play better with coach Duncan Fletcher?
- Team India’s mid-series report card after Trent Bridge win
- Upcoming Chevrolet Cars in India
- Taste Test: Tomato, Root Beer, and Espresso Vodkas
- Taste Test: Death Rain Habanero Chips and Thomas Kemper Sugar Cane Sodas
- Why India should jettison Test cricket
- The night before Pakistan’s World Cup game
- Red ball, white ball: Why Test series are boringly predictable these days, and what to do about it
- Lord’s Debacle: India listless as England put on the swing
India beat England as chaos reigns in day-night Test have 294 words, post on punemirror.indiatimes.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.