SOUTH AFRICA NEWS by Telford Vice • Last updated on Share Tweet “Hopefully in the next cycle we’ll have a number of tours against India that are pretty close to being finalised.” © Getty Two out of three ain’t bad. Especially when they’re the bigger two of the big three. So if India and England are in your corner, who cares if Australia isn’t? That’s CSA’s view, as articulated by Graeme Smith on Wednesday (February 24). The Australians were due to play three Tests in South Africa next month but pulled out because of concerns over COVID-19 – despite CSA promising to go above and beyond what they have done to keep other teams safe during the pandemic. CSA has lodged an official complaint against CA with the ICC, but the bigger picture would seem to overshadow that scenario. Besides, the edge has been taken off that setback by engagements with India that Smith said were nearing confirmation. “Even if we don’t win [at the ICC] – I don’t think there’s any precedent for it – the message is loud and clear,” Smith, CSA’s director of cricket, said on commentary during Wednesday’s matches in the franchise T20 tournament at Kingsmead…. Read full this story
- Covid-19: UK, South Africa strains spark a battle of mutations
- De Kock happy with South Africa Test captaincy 'for now'
- South Africa to visit Pakistan for first time in 13 years for Test, T20 series
- Domestic Cricket in South Africa Halted After Ten Test Stars Exposed to Coronavirus
- South Africa cricket team raise fists in support of Black Lives Matter
- ANOTHER mutant form of coronavirus is discovered in Nigeria after new strains were found in South Africa and Britain
- New Covid-19 strain in South Africa: Countries that announced flight suspensions
- UK bans flights from South Africa as New York to check on all British arrivals
- South Africa sees a record 14,000 new Covid cases while deaths climb pass 400 for the first time in months amid 'exponential' spread of new mutant strain now detected in Britain
- New Covid-19 mutant found in South Africa: What we know so far
India and England in South Africa's corner, says Graeme Smith have 345 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.