ROME: Lautaro Martinez is ready to commit his long-term future to Inter Milan after coming close to joining Barcelona last summer, the Argentine striker told Italian daily La Gazzetta dello Sport. Martinez was linked with a move to the Spanish club at the end of last season, but stayed on to play a key role in Inter's bid to win their first Serie A title in 10 years under coach Antonio Conte. “It’s true, we were working with Barcelona, that was the road we were taking,” Martinez told the paper. “I don’t know what to tell you about how close I came to that club. “With Conte I was very clear. I told him: ‘My head is here, that’s a promise, this won’t affect me’. But that’s all in the past now, I will renew my contract with Inter.” Martinez, who has scored 13 Serie A goals for Inter this season to help them go four points clear at the top of the table, insists there is no hurry over announcing his new deal at San Siro. “They will find the right moment to make it official, meanwhile I will keep playing,” he said. “But my future is here, I… Read full this story
- Football: Injured De Bruyne out of Belgium Euro 2020 qualifiers squad
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona to swap Griezmann for Neymar?
- Inter Milan takes aim at Ronaldo and Juventus
- Football: Messi must be protected in comeback, says Rivaldo
- Sources: Victor Valdes set to leave Barcelona youth team role
- From gang girl to football mom
- Brampton Brick Reports Results For the Fourth Quarter and Year Ended December 31, 2018
- Braiden McGregor says Michigan Wolverines' new coaches 'awesome'
- Refuting criticism of Aaron Rodgers, Davante Adams says, ‘It’s pretty clear how we feel’
- ESPN feature on South Bay football coach with no arms, legs debuts
Football: Martinez says his future is at Inter, ends Barcelona speculation have 302 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at February 28, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.