SAO PAULO: Botafogo got their first point in Brazil’s Serie A since before Christmas in a 1-1 draw with an under-strength Palmeiras on Tuesday. Palmeiras, who travel to Qatar for the Club World Cup immediately after the game, fielded a second string team but went ahead after 16 minutes through Emerson. However, Rafael Navarro equalised for the visitors on the hour mark. The draw was Botafogo’s first point since beating Coritiba on Dec. 20 and does little to improve their position at the bottom of the standings. The Rio side are four points adrift of second bottom Coritiba with five games remaining and almost guaranteed to drop to the second division. Palmeiras, who won the Copa Libertadores on Saturday, are sixth.
- Footballers who have had club shirts retired having played very few games
- Championship roundup: Leeds fight for draw while Brentford beat Reading
- Wales secure draw in Belgium to give Craig Bellamy perfect send-off
- Matildas suffer late heartbreak as USA salvage Tournament of Nations draw
- Pep Guardiola's masterclass in pressure inflicts rare night of torment for Real Madrid
- 'I was labelled a monster': How high school football player was WRONGLY convicted of molesting a four-year-old boy and faced life in prison - until lawyer saved his life with new evidence
- Bury AFC: 'We created this for people to fall back in love with football'
- Football transfer rumours: Jamal Lewis and Aïssa Mandi to Liverpool?
- Everton loanee Jonjoe Kenny earns Schalke a share of the points at Union Berlin
- Don’t Just Blame COVID-19 for College Football’s Lost Season
Football: Botafogo get rare point in 1-1 draw at Palmeiras have 252 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at February 3, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.