Florida Republicans and others are pushing the Biden administration to implement a last-minute order from former President Trump Donald Trump The Hill’s Morning Report – Biden to talk infrastructure amid border, voting controversies Juan Williams: The GOP’s big lie on voting rights Schumer kicks into reelection mode MORE blocking deportations of Venezuelans. The order, signed by Trump on his last full day in office, defers deportation of some 145,000 Venezuelans for 18 months, blaming leader Nicolás Maduro for "the worst humanitarian crisis in the Western Hemisphere in recent memory." Even as Biden rushes to undo a number of Trump's immigration policies, his Venezuela order remains in limbo. ADVERTISEMENT The memo left the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) responsible for developing the guidelines of the program and ensuring work authorizations for those impacted by the order — something that has not yet happened under Biden. "Many of our constituents are now awaiting guidance on the important particulars of their new … status, such as the documentation required, procedures that must be followed, and how to obtain work authorization," lawmakers wrote in a letter to DHS spearheaded by Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart Mario Rafael Diaz-Balart The Hill’s Morning Report — Presented by Facebook —… Read full this story
- New EPA head says implementing Trump's agenda "posthaste"
- Republicans push to overhaul the Endangered Species Act before midterms
- Trump orders surprise Syria withdrawal
- Lindsey Graham Caves, Quietly Tells Fellow Republicans to Get Behind Trump
- Hispanic Americans Support Trump Order Detaining Border Crossing Families Together
- Utah Republican Pushing ‘Common Sense’ Gun Confiscation Bill
- Donald Trump: ‘I Think a Lot of Democrats Are Going to Vote Republican’ in 2018
- The Empire Strikes Back: Establishment Rallies to Romney to Stop Trump’s Winning, Resistance Notches Win in New York
- It’s time for free-trading Republicans to stand up to Trump on tariffs — and for Democrats to stand with them
- Donald Trump Praises George P. Bush: ‘This Is the Only Bush that Likes Me!’
Florida Republicans push Biden to implement Trump order on Venezuela have 320 words, post on thehill.com at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.