Major General Nguyen Van Vien, director of the Drug-related Crime Investigation Police Department under the Ministry of Public Security, talks to the Vietnam Government Portal chinhphu.vn about the drug-related crime situation and measures to mobilise resources to combat drug crimes. Major General Nguyen Van Vien, director of the Drug-related Crime Investigation Police Department under the Ministry of Public Security. VNA/VNS Photo Doan Tan In 2020, the drug-related crime investigation police force directly conducted or co-ordinated with other authorities to investigate 24,548 drug-related criminal cases, arrested 36,404 drug offenders and seized more than 738kg of heroin, 3.4 tonnes and more than 2 million synthetic drug tablets, and about 255kg of marijuana. It saw year-on-year increases of 12.85 per cent in the number of cases and 9.15 per cent in the number of criminals. As the COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected economic, political-diplomatic, cultural and social aspects of countries all over the world, including Vietnam, drug crimes have increased. The authorities have cracked down on maritime drug trafficking cases, notably one led by a former South Korean police officer in July 2020. Could you elaborate on this? There have been complex developments in maritime drug trafficking crimes. This is a route that has been used… Read full this story
- Crime rise due to lack of officers, says police group
- Catching gang lords is key to stopping spread of drug crime, senior police officer says
- Targeting anti-social behaviour and drug crime in Luton
- Knife crime 'rising fastest outside London'
- Recorded crime rises one per cent but remains at second lowest level for over 40 years
- Drug use among middle-class professionals to be investigated to combat violence, Sajid Javid announces
- Drug-related deaths fall in South Holland
- Could faith groups in Hackney save kids from life of crime?
- National Geographic journalist shot while interviewing purported drug dealer in Mexico
- Prison drug problem is increasing
Drug crime on the rise as pandemic continues: official have 294 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at February 26, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.