Amazon Studios has acquired worldwide rights to My Name Is Pauli Murray , the Participant , Drexler and Storyville Films documentary which made its world premiere at Sundance. Fifteen years before Rosa Parks refused to surrender her bus seat, a full decade before the U.S. Supreme Court overturned separate-but-equal legislation, attorney and priest Pauli Murray was already knee-deep fighting for social justice. Murray shaped landmark litigation—and consciousness—around race and gender equity. As an African American youth raised in the segregated South—who was also wrestling with broader notions of gender identity—Murray understood, intrinsically, what it was to exist beyond previously accepted categories and cultural norms. Related Story G.I. Joe Live-Action TV Series Centered On Lady Jaye In The Works At Amazon From Erik Oleson, Paramount TV Studios, eOne & Skydance TV The docu was directed by Oscar-nominated RBG filmmakers Betsy West and Julie Cohen and produced by Talleah Bridges McMahon. RBG about Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, was nominated for two Oscars: Best Documentary Feature and Diane Warren's song "I'll Fight". Participant co-distributed with Magnolia Pictures RBG which also made its world premiere at Sundance in 2018. As a documentary, the movie made an exceptional mark at the summer box office… Read full this story
- The best shows and original series on Netflix right now
- Inside Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn’s ‘Making the Cut,’ Amazon’s Bid for an Escapist Fashion Franchise
- Festival-Bound Filmmakers' New Dilemma: Screen Virtually or Wait for Another Market?
- 43 movies to stream on Netflix, Amazon, or HBO while quarantined, depending on your mood
- Catch up with TV classics: Expand your mind during the coronavirus lockdown with the most fabulous real-life shows
- Corona Chronicles – Volume I
- Opinion: Buzzword bingo in the mountains of Davos
- The living room edit: A social distancing to-do list curated by the film fraternity
- The Top 25 Music DVDs Worth Rewatching
- Book chats, karaoke, long-distance seders: 10 ways to connect virtually with family and friends
Amazon Picks Up Global Rights To Participant Documentary ‘My Name Is Pauli Murray’ From ‘RBG’ Filmmakers have 321 words, post on deadline.com at February 25, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.