SINGAPORE – When Mr Das Dipto arrived for work at Block 244 Hougang Street 22 on Sunday (Jan 3) at 7.35am, the landscape maintenance worker did not expect to be involved in “the best job I’ve done in my life”. The 27-year-old was there to prune trees but ended up rescuing a child , believed to be six years old, who had been stuck on a window ledge barely wide enough for his feet. Mr Dipto, who moved from Bangladesh to work here eight years ago, told The Straits Times on Tuesday that he was cleaning a boom lift he used for pruning trees, when a frantic woman approached him and his colleague, Mr Biswas Jibom. She pointed to the boy, who was clinging on to laundry poles while on a third-floor ledge at the neighbouring Block 243. The woman told them that the door to the boy’s flat was locked, so Mr Dipto decided the best way to reach him was to use the boom lift – a caged platform at the end of a mobile crane. With Mr Biswas directing him, he steered the lift towards Block 243 and the boy, who was crying. In a video shared on WhatsApp and uploaded to… Read full this story
- 'I come home covered in animal poo – but I have the best job in the world'
- Fewer than half of office workers leave desks at lunch, says study
- Celtic star Jonny Hayes rescues boy from school bullies at local shop
- CBeebies star Andy Day nominates boy, 6, who saved mum’s life with 999 call for our Who Cares Wins Health Awards
- Follow our tips to secure that job you’ve been dreaming of all summer
- 'I so hate it when they call me love.': Job Guru gives his advice
- Female prison guard, 24, quit her job to go on with former prisoner
- Nuala McCann: Looking back, life was a series of flat pavlovas. Now I know why
- Louise Redknapp: Much of my life is just the same, I take the boys to school and football and walk the dogs’
- 'My boy and the others suffered murder'
Worker who rescued boy on Hougang ledge says it's the 'best job' he has done in his life have 340 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at January 5, 2021. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.